Parents/guardians who wish to register students for the Pre-Primary Program for the 2018-2019 school term may do so during school hours the week of February 12, 2018, at the following existing locations:
- Bayview Education Centre (Port Hood): 902-787-5220
- Cape Breton Highlands Education Centre/Academy (Terre Noire): 902-235-7500
- Chedabucto Education Centre/Guysborough Academy (Guysborough): 902-533-2288
- East Antigonish Education Centre/Academy (Monastery): 902-232-2810
- Fanning Education Centre/Canso Academy (Hazel Hill): 902-366-2225
- Felix Marchand Education Centre (Louisdale): 902-345-2560
- Inverness Education Centre/Academy (Inverness): 902-258-3700
- St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy (Sherbrooke): 902-522-2035
Should additional locations be announced by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, information will be shared in local newspapers, on the School Board website at www.srsb.ca and on Twitter @StraitRSB.
Important Registration Information
- Children who are four (4) years of age on or before December 31, 2018, are eligible to attend.
- Registrations by telephone will not be accepted. Registration must be completed in person at the school. At that time, the child’s birth certificate, provincial health card and completed school registration form are required to complete the registration process.
- The School Registration Form for 2018-2019 may be accessed in the Document Depot section of the Strait Regional School Board website at www.srsb.ca or at the school.
- It is not necessary for children to accompany parents/guardians to the school for registration.
- Families must live within the respective school’s catchment area to be eligible to attend.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for transporting their children to and from the pre-primary program.
- Children may only attend the Program for one year.
- There is no fee for the Program.
- The Program will run from September 2018 to June 2019.
For more information, or if you require assistance with the registration process, please contact Carolyn Webber, Manager of Pre-Primary and Early Years Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org / 902-631-4617; or visit https://www.ednet.ns.ca/pre-primary.