On Wednesday, March 7, 2018, the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development announced an expansion to the provincial Pre-Primary Program for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Pre-Primary Program will be offered at the following six (6) new locations in the Strait Regional School Board in 2018-2019:
- Antigonish Education Centre (Antigonish): 902-867-8800
- East Richmond Education Centre (St. Peters): 902-535-2066
- H.M. MacDonald Elementary School (Maryvale): 902-863-2096
- St. Andrews Consolidated School (St. Andrews): 902-863-2512
- Tamarac Education Centre (Port Hawkesbury): 902-625-6650
- Whycocomagh Education Centre (Whycocomagh): 902-756-2441
Parents/guardians who wish to register students for the Pre-Primary Program at the above-noted locations may do so during school hours.
The current Pre-Primary Programs in the Strait Regional School Board for the 2017-2018 school year are:
- Bayview Education Centre (Port Hood): 902-787-5220
- Cape Breton Highlands Education Centre/Academy (Terre Noire): 902-235-7500
- Chedabucto Education Centre/Guysborough Academy (Guysborough): 902-533-2288
- East Antigonish Education Centre/Academy (Monastery): 902-232-2810
- Fanning Education Centre/Canso Academy (Hazel Hill): 902-366-2225
- Felix Marchand Education Centre (Louisdale): 902-345-2560
- Inverness Education Centre/Academy (Inverness): 902-258-3700
- St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy (Sherbrooke): 902-522-2035
Important Registration Information
- Children who are four (4) years of age on or before December 31, 2018, are eligible to attend.
- To begin the registration process, please fax and/or email your child's birth certificate, provincial health card and completed school registration form to the respective school.
- The School Registration Form for 2018-2019 may be accessed in the Document Depot section of the Strait Regional School Board website at www.srsb.ca or at the school.
- It is not necessary for children to accompany parents/guardians to the school for registration.
- Families must live within the respective school’s catchment area to be eligible to attend.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for transporting their children to and from the pre-primary program.
- Children may only attend the Program for one year.
- There is no fee for the Program.
- The Program will run from September 2018 to June 2019.
For more information, or if you require assistance with the registration process, please contact Carolyn Webber, Manager of Pre-Primary and Early Years Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org / 902-631-4617; or visit https://www.ednet.ns.ca/pre-primary.