Established in 1996, the Strait Regional School Board is a rural school board located in the northeastern part of Nova Scotia, Canada. It is one of eight school boards in the Province. Its jurisdiction includes Antigonish and Guysborough Counties on the mainland of Nova Scotia and Inverness and Richmond Counties on Cape Breton Island and serves 21 schools (see Our Schools).
The Strait Regional Schools Board's Vision Statement is: Excellence in Lifelong Learning
The Strait Regional School Board believes that all children and youth:
- have a right to an education;
- have a right to be treated with dignity and respect;
- have an opportunity to participate in appropriate programs and services;
- have an opportunity to become the best they can be; and
- must be provided with varied programs and supports to foster student achievement and success.
These beliefs are integral to the philosophy of the Strait Regional School Board in its support of all children, youth and staff, striving to celebrate and promote diversity and positive change, each and every day.
The Strait Regional School Board's Mission Statement:
To empower our children and youth, within safe, equitable and inclusive environments, to embrace a changing world as responsible, contributing and successful lifelong learners.
Key Facts of Interest for 2016-2017:
Employees: 950 (approx.)
Population: 54,977 (Census 2011)
Geographic Area: 11,000 sq. km. (approx.)